Home > Use of Contents
Use of Contents
Terms and Conditions
- By accessing and using any of the datasets distributed by ReefBase, you acknowledge
that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with the terms and conditions
specified on this page. ReefBase may amend these terms and conditions at any time.
Your continued use of this data constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions
stated at the time of your use. You should contact ReefBase to determine the current
terms and conditions to which you are bound.
- You may use these datasets for non-commercial purposes, including research, education,
presentations, and non-commercial publications. You understand and agree that you
may not copy, reproduce or distribute for other purposes, without prior, written
authorization from the ReefBase Project Leader. You understand and agree that you
may not create or distribute derivative works for any purpose, without prior, written
authorization from the ReefBase Project Leader. When using or publishing any parts
of these datasets, proper acknowledgement of ReefBase and original source(s), is
- ReefBase makes reasonable efforts to provide accurate data and information through
its website, database, and other channels. Nevertheless, you understand and agree
that ReefBase shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any use
of, or inability to use, this data, or resulting form any errors or omissions in
the data content.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information, interpretations, and conclusions
expressed on the ReefBase information products are those of the various authors
of the work and are not necessarily those of the ReefBase Project or the WorldFish
- As a condition of use of the ReefBase information products, the user agrees to
indemnify the ReefBase Project, the WorldFish Center and its affiliates from and
against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses arising
out the user's use of this product. If the user is dissatisfied with any material
on this product or with any of the terms and conditions of use of this product,
the user's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this product.
- The ReefBase website contains links to third-party website. The linked sites are not
under the control of the ReefBase Project and the ReefBase Project is not responsible
for the contents and/or privacy policies of any of the linked sites or any link
contained in a linked site. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of
the linked site by the ReefBase Project.
- To give proper credit to the original authors, please cite information taken from
ReefBase by the original source(s) as displayed on the ReefBase database. In addition,
we request acknowledgement of use of ReefBase, through statements such as "Information/data/maps
provided by ReefBase (http://www.reefbase.org)".
citation requirements, please
Copyright and Permission to Publish
- Where materials are covered or purported to be covered by copyright, ReefBase will
exercise all reasonable efforts to gain permission for distribution of this material
on ReefBase information products only. Nevertheless you are strongly advised to
get permission to redistribute such data and information from the original source,
failing which ReeBase will not be liable for any consequences thereof.
- Where there is a strong indication of any inappropriate inclusions please notify
ReefBase immediately for removal.
- To revoke or view permission to distribute materials on ReefBase please contact
the ReefBase Project Leader